Official: Space heater caused blaze that killed 4 children

PORTLAND, Ore. — A house fire in rural Oregon that killed four children and critically burned three other family members started with a portable space heater that was being used after a fireplace malfunctioned, a volunteer fire chief said Thursday.

Combustible materials placed too close to the heater ignited and started the blaze in the tiny timber town of Riddle, Fire Protection District Chief Rich Holloway said in a post on the district's Facebook page.

What feeling does this article give you?

#hashtags to follow:

Ore [+]    Oregon [+]    Combustible [+]    Riddle [+]    Facebook [+]   

More #news: