Here’s why those 647 Chipotle customers got sick

POWELL, Ohio — The latest illness outbreak to hit Chipotle involved at least 647 people who got sick after eating at the chain’s Powell, Ohio, location.

Health officials have now identified the problem: Stool samples from those sickened tested positive for Clostridium perfringens, a bacteria that forms when food is left at an unsafe temperature, CNBC reports; it’s one of the most common causes of foodborne illness.

Local health officials inspected the store on July 26 and...

What feeling does this article give you?
Joy
Disgust
Fear
Anger
Sadness

#hashtags to follow:

POWELL [+]    Ohio [+]    Chipotle [+]    Powell [+]    Stool [+]    Clostridium [+]    CNBC [+]    July 26 [+]   

More #news: