Ghost Pepper Puree Hamburger Hospitalizes Man With Esophageal Tearing

The next time you think about eating a ghost pepper, stop and consider this.

A case report in The Journal of Emergency Medicine describes a patient who spent 23 days in the hospital with tears in his esophagus after he consumed a hamburger topped with ghost pepper puree as part of a contest.

The 47-year-old man began “violently retching and vomiting” after eating the burger, despite washing it down with six large glasses of water, according to the September report.

The man...

What feeling does this article give you?

More #news: