Family says common household item nearly killed their dog

AMES, IowaAn Iowa family say their 1-year-old dog became seriously ill after ingesting a low-carb sweetener called Xylitol.

Brianna Schwenk Mashchman and John Mashchman, from Webster City, told WHO-TV their energetic, curious Boston terrier mix named Millie got into a bottle of melatonin.

“Within about 10 minutes, Millie was stumbling and looked dizzy and then she was vomiting. It was only a few minutes after that before she was in a seizure,” Brianna Schwenk Mashchman said.

They...

What feeling does this article give you?
Joy
Disgust
Fear
Anger
Sadness

#hashtags to follow:

Iowa [+]    An Iowa [+]    Xylitol [+]    Schwenk Mashchman [+]    Mashchman [+]    Webster City [+]    Boston [+]    Millie [+]   

More #news: