Delivery robot catches fire at university campus, students set up vigil

A KiwiBot, an automated food delivery robot which is present on UC Berkeley's campus, caught fire on Friday afternoon.

In a post, the company explained the incident was due to a faulty battery which had been mistakenly installed instead of a functioning one. 

SEE ALSO: Postmates reveals its cute, automated delivery robot

The errant battery started smoldering while the robot was idling, leading to smoke, then fire outside the Martin Luther King Jr. Student Union.

"A member of the community...

What feeling does this article give you?
Joy
Disgust
Fear
Anger
Sadness

#hashtags to follow:

UC Berkeley [+]    SEE ALSO [+]    Postmates [+]    Martin Luther King Jr [+]    Union [+]   

More #news: