Child leaves stove on while heading out for family walk, returns to Randolph County home on fire

RANDOLPH COUNTY, N.C. -- A Randolph County family lost their furniture, clothes, shoes and part of their roof in a Wednesday night fire.

Amanda Owens told FOX8 her son was making tea and when they left for a family walk, the stove was left on high.

“He's usually really good at turning stuff off and he's my little chef. So there's no way I thought about it at all,” Owens said.

As the family headed home just before 9 p.m., they heard sirens, but never thought firefighters were racing to...

What feeling does this article give you?
Joy
Disgust
Fear
Anger
Sadness

#hashtags to follow:

RANDOLPH COUNTY [+]    Randolph County [+]    Amanda Owens [+]    Owens [+]   

More #news: