Alek Minassian, Toronto Van Attack Suspect, Left Canadian Forces After 2 Months

RICHMOND HILL, Ont. — Officials say the man accused in a van attack that left 10 people dead in Toronto on Monday was a member of the Canadian Armed Forces for two months last year.

A spokeswoman with the Department of National Defence says Alek Minassian was a member of the forces from Aug. 23, 2017 until Oct. 25.

She says Minassian did not complete his recruit training and asked to be voluntarily released after 16 days.

The 25-year-old from Richmond Hill, Ont., was charged on Tuesday...

What feeling does this article give you?
Joy
Disgust
Fear
Anger
Sadness

#hashtags to follow:

RICHMOND HILL [+]    Ont [+]    Toronto [+]    Monday [+]    Canadian Armed Forces [+]    Department of National Defence [+]    Alek Minassian [+]    Aug [+]    Minassian [+]    Richmond Hill [+]   

More #news: